The Steadicam Volt Stabilizer Lets Smartphone Users Shoot Smooth Videos Like a Pro
Steadicam has been helping filmmakers tell their stories for over 50 years, and parent company Tiffen is now in production on the new Steadicam Volt—a compact and affordable gyro stabilizer that enables smartphone users to capture smooth, professional-looking videos with ease.
Simple in design, yet sophisticated in functionality, the Steadicam Volt more than doubled its Kickstarter goal of $100,000 and is expected to begin shipping later this year with an expected retail price of $199. The unit works with both iOS and Android devices via a free app and features a slick, collapsible design, Bluetooth functionality, and Lithium ion rechargeable batteries that deliver eight hours of use per charge.
Engineered to provide the precision and control necessary for great videos, the Steadicam Volt weighs only one pound and is designed to accommodate phones from 58-80mm in width. You can use the Volt in Movie Mode for creating cinematic movements and Sports Mode for capturing fast-moving action.
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Have Fun Making Unique Portraits with These Creative Tips & Tricks (VIDEO)
- Spiff Up Your Photography Wardrobe with These Snazzy Clothes and Accessories from Canon