The Steadicam Volt Stabilizer Lets Smartphone Users Shoot Smooth Videos Like a Pro
Steadicam has been helping filmmakers tell their stories for over 50 years, and parent company Tiffen is now in production on the new Steadicam Volt—a compact and affordable gyro stabilizer that enables smartphone users to capture smooth, professional-looking videos with ease.
Simple in design, yet sophisticated in functionality, the Steadicam Volt more than doubled its Kickstarter goal of $100,000 and is expected to begin shipping later this year with an expected retail price of $199. The unit works with both iOS and Android devices via a free app and features a slick, collapsible design, Bluetooth functionality, and Lithium ion rechargeable batteries that deliver eight hours of use per charge.
Engineered to provide the precision and control necessary for great videos, the Steadicam Volt weighs only one pound and is designed to accommodate phones from 58-80mm in width. You can use the Volt in Movie Mode for creating cinematic movements and Sports Mode for capturing fast-moving action.
- Watch Photographer Ilko Allexandroff Get Beautiful Portraits of a Model During a Rain Storm (VIDEO)
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEOS)
- Deep Cover: My 10 Favorite Stealth Photo Tools for Capturing "The Decisive Moment"
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEO)
- Instagram Photographer Hot.Kenobi Uses Action Figures to Create a Humorous, Surreal Universe