Final Shot: Our Favorite Reader Photo of the Month
Shutterbug reader Chris Zewatski captured this magnificent sunrise on an early fall morning at Tanesashi Seaside in Hachinohe, Japan. Located on the east side of Japan, facing the Pacific Ocean, Tanesashi Seaside is a “photographer’s dream for sunrises.” Not to mention, throughout the year a variety of flowers bloom along the cliffs, only adding to the photographic appeal. Zewatski admits that capturing this shot was “a little more difficult” than he had expected.
“I had to hike down part of one of the cliffs and because of the angle of the cliff and the view of the flowers, I had to leave my tripod behind,” he says. “With the sun shining brightly in the background, it was also difficult to properly expose my entire picture.”
Faced with this reality Zewatski decided to take three bracketed photos to expose for the highlights and shadows. He later blended all three photos into Lightroom’s HDR merging plug-in. To capture the shot he used a Canon EOS 6D and a Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM lens at 16mm, ISO 640, f/14, 1/400 second.
Every month we feature an image in Final Shot from Shutterbug’s online Galleries on Shutterbug.com.
- Which Lens Is Best for Portraits: A Fast 85mm F/1.4 Prime or a Versatile 70-200mm F/2.8 Zoom? (VIDEO)
- Watch These Massive Siberian Tigers Feast on a Drone After Ripping It out of the Sky (VIDEO)
- Learn How to Win Photo Contests with These Helpful Tips from Successful Shooter Lorenz Holder (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Mandy Lea Travels in Style to Capture Gorgeous Images of the Great Outdoors
- Watch This Photoshop Tutorial and Learn How to Give Your Images Vibrant Natural Colors (VIDEO)