Final Shot: Our Favorite Reader Photo of the Month
Shutterbug reader Chris Zewatski captured this magnificent sunrise on an early fall morning at Tanesashi Seaside in Hachinohe, Japan. Located on the east side of Japan, facing the Pacific Ocean, Tanesashi Seaside is a “photographer’s dream for sunrises.” Not to mention, throughout the year a variety of flowers bloom along the cliffs, only adding to the photographic appeal. Zewatski admits that capturing this shot was “a little more difficult” than he had expected.
“I had to hike down part of one of the cliffs and because of the angle of the cliff and the view of the flowers, I had to leave my tripod behind,” he says. “With the sun shining brightly in the background, it was also difficult to properly expose my entire picture.”
Faced with this reality Zewatski decided to take three bracketed photos to expose for the highlights and shadows. He later blended all three photos into Lightroom’s HDR merging plug-in. To capture the shot he used a Canon EOS 6D and a Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM lens at 16mm, ISO 640, f/14, 1/400 second.
Every month we feature an image in Final Shot from Shutterbug’s online Galleries on Shutterbug.com.
- Learn How to Make Great Portraits On the Cheap with Three Simple Setups from Nathan Elson (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- Bentley Is at It Again with This 57,700-Megapixel Interactive Image of Their Luxury Car in Dubai
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time
- Exploring Fujifilm’s ACROS Film Simulation Mode