Celebrity Shooter Martin Schoeller Reveals His Unique Approach to Portrait Photography (VIDEO)
Last week we shared an interesting clip from CNN Style, in which famous photographers and collectors discussed “The Power of Photography.” In the new six-minute segment below, acclaimed celebrity photographer Martin Schoeller reveals his unique approach to portraiture.
Schoeller has photographed just about everyone from Presidents Obama and Clinton, to Hollywood icons and female body builders. In an attempt to distill his portraits to the essence of the subject, he has made thousands of photographs using the same camera, the same setting and the same lighting to arrive at a hyper-realistic result.
CNN Style is a monthly program dedicated to art, design, fashion and architecture, and you can watch more videos on the show’s website. And don't forget to take a look at "The Power of Photography" episode
- Learn How to Make Great Portraits On the Cheap with Three Simple Setups from Nathan Elson (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- Bentley Is at It Again with This 57,700-Megapixel Interactive Image of Their Luxury Car in Dubai
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time
- Exploring Fujifilm’s ACROS Film Simulation Mode