Celebrity Shooter Martin Schoeller Reveals His Unique Approach to Portrait Photography (VIDEO)
Last week we shared an interesting clip from CNN Style, in which famous photographers and collectors discussed “The Power of Photography.” In the new six-minute segment below, acclaimed celebrity photographer Martin Schoeller reveals his unique approach to portraiture.
Schoeller has photographed just about everyone from Presidents Obama and Clinton, to Hollywood icons and female body builders. In an attempt to distill his portraits to the essence of the subject, he has made thousands of photographs using the same camera, the same setting and the same lighting to arrive at a hyper-realistic result.
CNN Style is a monthly program dedicated to art, design, fashion and architecture, and you can watch more videos on the show’s website. And don't forget to take a look at "The Power of Photography" episode
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Simon Baxter Says Composition, Patience & Perseverance Win the Day (VIDEO)
- How to Make Your Images Pop with Bokeh: Why Blurred Backgrounds Can Make or Break a Photo
- Summer Project: How to Put Classic Nikon Lenses Back to Work
- Top Guns: 4 of the Most Popular Photographers on Social Media Share the Secrets to Their Success