Celebrity Shooter Martin Schoeller Reveals His Unique Approach to Portrait Photography (VIDEO)
Last week we shared an interesting clip from CNN Style, in which famous photographers and collectors discussed “The Power of Photography.” In the new six-minute segment below, acclaimed celebrity photographer Martin Schoeller reveals his unique approach to portraiture.
Schoeller has photographed just about everyone from Presidents Obama and Clinton, to Hollywood icons and female body builders. In an attempt to distill his portraits to the essence of the subject, he has made thousands of photographs using the same camera, the same setting and the same lighting to arrive at a hyper-realistic result.
CNN Style is a monthly program dedicated to art, design, fashion and architecture, and you can watch more videos on the show’s website. And don't forget to take a look at "The Power of Photography" episode
- Instagram Photographer Hot.Kenobi Uses Action Figures to Create a Humorous, Surreal Universe
- Nature Photographer Mandy Lea Travels in Style to Capture Gorgeous Images of the Great Outdoors
- Learn How to Win Photo Contests with These Helpful Tips from Successful Shooter Lorenz Holder (VIDEO)
- How Far Has Photography Evolved Since 1960? Watch This Nostalgic Short Film and See for Yourself
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEO)