Which Cameras Shoot the Best JPEGs? This Video Put Them to the Test (You May Be Surprised)
While many if not most of our readers shoot images in the Raw format most of the time, there are times when you want to shoot a JPEG file. For instance, when you shoot in Raw+JPEG mode. :-)
But all JPEG images are not created equal. That’s what The Camera Store discovered when they compared JPEGs shot with Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji, Pentax, Olympus, Panasonic, and iPhone cameras.
“Everyone loves to talk about the quality of different camera manufacturer's color and straight out of camera JPEGs,” The Camera Store says in the description below the video. “We decided to do a blind(ish) test, to see which images photographer's really preferred in a variety of situations. Which camera's SOOC images are really the ones to beat?”
Leading the investigation is Chris Niccolls, who you may remember from this hilarious video from The Camera Store.
So which camera brand produces the best JPEGs? You’ll have to watch the video to find out. (Hint: It starts with an N.)
Via ISO 1200
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Have Fun Making Unique Portraits with These Creative Tips & Tricks (VIDEO)
- Spiff Up Your Photography Wardrobe with These Snazzy Clothes and Accessories from Canon